Our vision is to inspire every child to be happy, confident, self-motivated and resilient so they achieve personal success and make a positive contribution to society.
Mission and Ethos Statement
At St Peter’s CE Primary and Nursery School children and their learning are central to everything we do. As a church school we aim to serve our community by providing an education of the highest quality within a framework of Christian belief and values. We encourage an understanding of the meaning and significance of faith, and promote Christian values through the experiences we offer to all of our children.
‘Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you shall find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.’ Mathew 7:7/8
Our school values underpin our day to day lives;
• Fairness: We act without bias and provide equal opportunities for everyone.
‘For we are taking pains to do what is right, not only in the eyes of the Lord but also in the eyes of people.’ (2 Corinthians 8:21)
• Honesty: We always tell the truth, whilst showing respect for the feelings of others.
‘‘For we are taking pains to do what is right, not only in the eyes of the Lord but also in the eyes of people.’ (2 Corinthians 8:21)
• Teamwork: We work together to achieve shared goals.
‘For the body is not one member, but many’ (Corinthians 12:14)
• Ambition: We work hard to achieve our aspirations and never give up.
‘You did not choose me; I chose you and appointed you to go and bear much fruit, the kind of fruit that endures.’ (John 15:16a)
• Care: We look after each other, ourselves and our environment.
‘A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another’ (John 13:34-35)
• Respect: We are thoughtful and considerate to ourselves, others and the environment. ‘Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets.’ (Matthew 7:12)
Our Values are visible around the school as a constant reminder to us all. We are proud to display our Christian values, but strongly encourage a sensitivity to difference and the faiths and cultures of others. We are an inclusive school.
Members of St Peter’s school community work together to provide a vibrant and creative learning experience for our children. A safe and secure environment encourages children to be happy, confident and enthusiastic learners and enables them to take risks in their learning. Within a climate of high expectation and challenge, all children are guided, supported and inspired to fulfil their true potential, emotionally, physically, spiritually and intellectually, both during their time at school and in their life ahead.
We value the partnership with parents and carers very highly and encourage them to take an active role in all aspects of school life. We aim to develop a culture of inclusion and diversity in which everyone feels comfortable and welcome.
In order to achieve our Mission Statement we aim to ensure that our children understand the importance of being:
• Respectful: Each child is thoughtful and considerate to themselves, others and the environment.
• Ready to learn: Each child has a positive, confident attitude to learning. They are both physically and emotionally ready to learn.
• Resourceful: Each child shows initiative, asks good questions and is prepared to use a variety of strategies to learn.
• Reflective: Each child is curious, able and willing to learn from their mistakes and can describe their progress
• Able to Reason: Each child is able to make careful decisions based on an ability to explain their thinking, consider all the evidence and choose the most appropriate method. They are encouraged to have lively and enquiring minds which will help them to become good investigators and communicators.
• Resilient: Each child is prepared to persevere and stay involved in their learning, even when the process is challenging.